Hyperhidrosis in very brief terminology is the excessive sweating that can result from over reactive sweat glands in the body. Doctors are of the view that it is not really dangerous, but the condition of hyperhidrosis can affect your quality of life. Considering the threat that it possesses to their quality of life, many people want to diagnose hyperhidrosis as soon as possible. This is when the question arises; when should you see a doctor for hyperhidrosis? How much sweating is really considered too much sweating?
Treatment for hyperhidrosis should be sought whenever you feel like the following things are accumulating together to hinder your performance:
- Excessive underarm sweating
- You start avoiding social gatherings due to the embarrassment that you think you go through because of excessive sweating
- You have challenges with almost all of your romantic relationships, as you can’t make a relationship last with this problem
Interestingly, there are treatments for this condition. None of the treatments can be deemed perfect or the most suitable but they can bring about a change in your body. The solutions are:
- Prescription antiperspirants: A strong dose of the antiperspirants prescribed by a doctor is bound to get you out of the problem of the over reacting sweating glands.
- Iontophoresis: This is a form of treatment, where the hands and feet of the person are soaked in a big basin of water, and mild currents of electricity are passed. The process is gradual and has its effects over time.
- miraDry system: This method uses the electromagnetic energy to eradicate all sweat glands from your underarms.
If you feel that you need to consult an authority in this regard, you can come to us and discuss your issues with a specialist at the vascular consultancy.